Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mimi's Closet, The Beginning

Hi Friends!

In the spring, I helped my Mimi clean out her closets. It was four days of digging through memories, hearing stories, and deep sighs over elastic waistbands that have rotted away. In the end. I brought home three huge boxes in addition to wearing a fur coat on the plane (in May!). Sadly, many of her pieces are too small for me; she and my great grandma were 5'3" and about a size four. Somethings I am keeping, but most will be in my soon-to-start etsy store. These pieces range from the 30s to the 90's it is amazing to see how her style changed, but mostly stayed the same as she aged.

This top is one piece I knew I wanted to wear this summer. It is made of sheer cotton and has these lovely, billowy sleeves. do not really like it with the shorts I'm wearing, but it was nice for a picnic dinner in the park. Since Jessica from What I Wore did her turban tutorial, I have been sporting this look most days of the week. I love simple hair but particularly in the summer!

Top, Mimi Shorts, Anthropologie Scarf, Vintage Shoes, from Mara Braclets, collected on various vacations





1 comment:

  1. Very cute blouse. Can't wait to see how else you style it.
    noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market