Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Easiest Tomato Sauce EVER!

So my "all about us" blog is rapidly changing into a food related blog...I can't decide if this is a bad thing or a great thing. In any case, lately I feel like we are drowning in tomatoes! Tonight, having been blessed with more tomatoes from our CSA and dozens more ripening on the vine outside, I "needed" to eat tomatoes. This being September, Nate was hunting, so the tomato eating fell to me! Poor me, right?!

I stumbled upon the easiest recipe for tomato sauce imaginable! It came from the How to Cook Everything cookbook.

1) Saute two cloves garlic (minced) in 3 tablespoons olive oil
2) When the garlic begins to change color, add 12oz cherry tomatoes (whole) or larger tomatoes chopped
3) Mash the tomatoes with a fork.
4) Add oregano, basil, salt, and/or pepper to taste.
5) Cook until the sauce reaches the desired consistency
6) Eat it with a spoon, over pasta, with veggies, however, just eat it!


This is the before shot, and I really did mean to take an after shot1 The sauce just was so good I completely forgot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market