Sunday, May 16, 2010

To the Getty Villa




what
jacket, belongs to my Mimi
shorts, Target
sandals, Nude via Shoefly via Mara
clutch, vintage eel skin, thrifted

why
We headed to Malibu to visit the Getty Villa with Mimi. I can't believe we hadn't visited it before! It is just so beautiful! We spent the afternoon wandering around the gardens and looking at antiquities. All the ancient treasures made us hungry for some Greek food. Luckily, Katherine directed us to Tony's Taverna in Malibu Country Mart. Some tzatziki and a combo platter later, we headed back south.

 . . . 

Long story long, I decided that my pasty Seattle skin was brave enough for shorts, and I absolutely love this jacket of Mimi's! I love its big sleeves and scrunchy collar! She still wears it, so I can't have it! Boo! I never thought I'd be fighting with my grandmother over clothing!  I think I like my style on California quite a bit more than my style in Washington. I need to figure out how to be more inspired at home. I think I especially like this outfit, because after lunch, I received me acceptance to grad school!

Below are some pictures of the Getty Villa and my delicious salad at Tony's!


3 comments:

  1. That jacket is fabulous! Lovely photos, Malibu is gorgeous! I'm doing a blog give-away. Check it out. xo -karrie
    www.hellopretty.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this place looks amazing! and you look so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market