Monday, February 15, 2010

Craftiness Part One

Hello Friends!

So if you know me a little or have read this blog, you probably know that I often see things and say/think, "Hey! I can totally make that!" Recently I have been living up to my claims, and actually making the things I say I can.

I had a few ideas running around in my head, but I need a little something more. So I went to Nancy's. If you live in Seattle, love beautiful fabric, adorable buttons, or luscious ribbon go to Nancy's. Here is just a snippit of their ribbon collection. I swoon.
These pictures do not even include the amazing hand rolled silk flowers, the entire wall of Midori, vintage, and grosgrain ribbon . . . I could and do spent hours there talking with Susan about ribbon and buttons. I'm obsessed. I know this. Admitting you have a problem if the first step to recovery, right?

So after at least an hour in the ribbon room, I gathered some fabric, buttons, and of course ribbon, and headed home. Once there, I spread my purchases on the floor and got busy. Here is the before, and a few of the afters. I am headed to my mom's to share her trusty Singer for the rest of the projects!

These sweater are tried and true cardis, but they need a face lift. The screen and picture frame are also destined for greater things!

Honestly I am not happy with the way the fabric droops, and a trip to Michaels will hopefully remedy that, but I do love the way this cheery fabric brightens my boring magnet board! 

  
The screen and picture frame became and way to store and display earrings. I was inspired by some I saw at the Fremont Market. I decided it needed something else, so I added some amazing silk ribbon to the top.

My trusty cadri was adorned with a mix of buttons and the original buttons were replaced with hidden snaps and a lovely ribbon from Renaissance. I really love this sweater and cannot wait to wear it!

More craftiness is in the works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market