Friday, February 19, 2010

The Hair We Wear

Hello Friends!

Last Tuesday, I took a mental health day. I needed it. I actually need another one. Or maybe a week. Well, longer really. Anyways . . . back to Tuesday. I was getting a pedicure, sitting by the fire, enjoying some kind of healthy herbal tea, reading last months copy of Elle. I read an inspiring article about a girl who, for 21 days, tried new hairstyles. Upon reading this article, I immediately tried to memorize each and ever one. Obviously I failed and had to resort to Googling it. 

The jist of all this is . . . how many of us wear out hair in the same fashion day in and day out? I do, for one! I have three basic hairstyles: down, ponytail, and bun (side bun if I am feeling sassy). So I as forced to ask myself: Why can't I have creative hair too? Laziness? Sure. Lack of talent? Yep. In ability to see the back of my head where most hair sytles require me to fix eight bobby pins? You betcha!

But really when it comes down to it. I am lazy. BUT! Starting Monday and every work day for the next three weeks. I will attempt a new hair style. Yikes! If there is an inspiration picture, I will include it. This way, you can see how I succeed or fail (more likely!)!

Here are a few of the photos from the Elle article. All photos courtesy of Elle.com

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market