Wednesday, February 24, 2010

High Waist, Deep Pockets

Hello Friends!

A couple things . . . 
Today the sun disappeared again, but I have hope that summer is coming! Our CSA, Boistfort Valley Farm sent out their spring newsletter and summer membership is open! Yipee! I think I am going to get my spring/summer clothes out of storage and see what is appropriate to start wearing next week. It will be March you know?!!

In other news, I'd like to start showcasing men and women who are using fashion to make a difference in our world. Personal blogs, especially fashion dairies, are a bit ego-centric. Don't get me wrong, I love them, read them religiously, and obviously have me own. I just want to use this page to spread some good news and let you, dear readers, in on ways you can use your own fashion obsession for a good cause. Sounds good? If you have any favorite people you'd like me to mention or good ideas, please, please send me an email!

And, today's little ensemble . . . Honestly, these jeans are too short, but I really like the color and the high waist. They might be ready to go back to Goodwill. We'll see. I love this scarf; my mother gave it to me for Christmas. I think it adds a little color to this otherwise plain palette. I love my cardigans and this one in particular, so I wore it for the ump-teenth time! 

Finally, today is day two of my hair-wear challenge. I have been dying to try the full-on-side-braid for a while. This little challenge gave me the courage to wear it to work. (All in the name of competition!) Honestly, this hair style is quite annoying. It required many bobbypins and more than a bit of hairspray. I actually hated it until I saw these photos. In its defense, it was super quick and could be done with less than squeaky clean hair. Total time: 8 minutes. 

Sweater: Banana Republic
T-shirt: Gap
Jeans: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Kenneth Cole, Nordstroms
Scarf: Gift from Mom
Necklace: Thrifted

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market