Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chocolate Mousse and Sassy Skirts

Hi there!

The Mousse:
Inspired by a favorite blogger, Orangette, I made my first batch of mousse! Scary as it seemed, it was easy and tasted delicious! I might even make it again this week. The recipe is here, but I did make some changes. 1) I left out the alcohol and added chocolate extract. 2) I couldn't find (didn't really look that hard) bittersweet chocolate. I substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips. 3) I halved the recipe since there are only two of us in our house. Not that we wouldn't have eaten the whole batch!


                                                                 #1 Chocolately goodness  #2 Heavy on the whip cream  #3 I'm Smiling!



The Skirts:
Over the past few weeks I have been fortunate enough to stumble upon three lovely skirts at astoundingly low prices. Here is my favorite one by Marc by Marc Jacobs. The cut is structured without being to stiff. I love it with this tailored blazer and suede booties, and I am already dreaming of warm weather outfits with this skirt. My other finds include a floral See by Chloe mini and an amazing khaki, high-waisted, ruffled BCBG skirt. I'll be sporting them soon, but in the mean time, check out this lovely Marc Jacobs number!





Blazer: Sashimi, Nordstroms
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Buffalo Exchange!
Tights: Cosabella via TJMaxx
Booties: Payless
Headband: J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market