Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Food From a Tiny Kitchen

If you have read the Sunday installment of "Pretty Things to Love," You may have noticed I was going to make soup this week. Well life got in the way of my plans, so tonight we made BibimBap instead. What is Bibimbap you might ask. Well from what I can gather it is Korean for leftovers.

According to what I have read, you take some meat (preferably beef) from a previous meal, cook up some of whatever veggies are hanging out in the fridge, boil some rice, add many flavorful sauces and spices, top with an egg, and voila...Bibimbap!

I used this website to get ideas for sauces, but I really have to tell you the truth. This recipe was inspired by a book I read to my preschoolers. Its illustrations had my mouth watering by the end. However, I closed the book, ate my lean cuisine, and promptly forgot all about the mouth-watering bibimbap. At least until I read HomeRunBallerina's blog this week!



The flavors of ginger, sesame, and soy mix perfectly with the rice vinegar to great a rue that is good enough to drink from the bowl (I did this).  I was light on the spice when I cooked the veggies, the orange blob  on the egg is wonderfully hot chili paste. Also, we did use pork instead of the beef, but it was wonderful! Try it! You'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market