Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Copy Cat

Trying something new . . . 



what: 
Jacket, Target (super old)
Necklace, Banana Republic
Pants, Vintage, thrifted
Shoes, Old Navy
Glasses, Kate Spade via Nordstroms

why:
I (and probably all of you, too) love to rip out outfits and inspiration from magazines. Some get pinned up, others adorn my nightstand in piles sorted by day, night, skirt, pants, etc. Well today, I busted one out from Instyle. I loved the combo of Navy pants, a light jacket, pretty necklace, and pink shoes. Their  outfit was a bit more polished, but since I am a teacher, I can get away with less than polished. 

the scoop:
Honestly, these pants are the kind I'd, until recently, avoid like the plague. High waist, tapered leg, partial elastic waist band, not back pockets, eek! But I am crossing over as I find pairs here and there in thrift shops. I like them on a pair by pair basis. The sandals are a bit much, but I bought them on a whim. In true cheap shoe fashion, they are already breaking . . . that's what happens when you pay $15 for footwear.

Have a lovely Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. You know what? I love the fit of those pants on you. I agree it's case by case, but these work and you've style them so well! Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this combination too! you look great

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market