Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hi Friends!


what:
Blouse, Dockers, thrifted
Lace Top, Old Navy
Jeggings, Joes via Anthropologie
Sandals, Thrifted, Mexican
Necklace, Made by me from African Sea Glass and Coral

why:
As the days get warmer, I find myself running around and spending more time outside with the kids (students, not my own). I want to wear something that allows me to move, take off a layer if I get to warm,  but still looks cute. Today, I also wanted to wear something that shows off this new necklace!
the scoop:
I am still having a love affair with my jeggings. I can't get over how comfortable they are! Really this outfit is about the accessories. The shoes are woven wedges originally from Mexico. The lace hem of the top underneath adds length and detail to an otherwise boring blouse. They necklace was a crafty project I have been meaning to make for over a year! I had seen these amazing African sea glass beads at a bead store. I finally decided that adding some coral beads I have been eying would be perfect et voila! This was my first homemade piece of jewelery, and I am happy enough with the result to wear it with pride!
Happy almost weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that necklaces, and this is the perfect kind of top for jeggings!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that necklace too. Is that one of Stephanie Tomczak's?

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market