Friday, April 30, 2010

Mimi

Hello Friends!

 This beautiful woman is my grandmother, Mimi. Her real name is Dorothy Louise or "Dotty" for short. She is my mother's mother and my last living grandparent. She is one of the most special people in my life. From her I inherited my love of fashion, food, drinking, and laughing (and probably some stubbornness, too). My grandpa, Poppop, took this picture outside their apartment in Hollywood where they lived in the 1950s. 

This weekend I will visit her along with my brothers and dear friends Katherine and Sandy. The time I spend with my Mimi is so precious and of course limited by geography, budgets, and time. This trip we are going to sort through her massive collection of gorgeous vintage clothing, and I will be selling some of it on Etsy. Sorting through her memories, whether in the form of photographs, clothing, or words reminds me that who I am today started long ago. 

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    What an amazing shot.
    I hope she has that jacket hidden away in a chest somewhere.
    Love seeing older pics of my grandmother, too.
    All the women were so glamorous back in the day.
    Even if they had no money at all, their hairdos and dresses were impeccable.
    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market