Monday, April 12, 2010

Milkmaids and Jeggings

Hi there!

Today I am admitting to purchasing jean leggings otherwise known as "jeggings." I did not come about the decision to purchase these "jeggings" easily. Many a time I was seconds away from purchasing the Hue version in a smattering of colors. However, each and every time I put them back on the rack. Well as some of you might know, Anthropologie was having a sale on the Joe's version. They are thicker and more jean-like that their cheaper counterparts. I managed to find them in my size and in the color I coveted! I did not try them on in the store. I was too afraid of humiliation. I wanted to be home in case these "jeggings" made me legs look like sausages and the muffin top look like something from Costco. If this were the case, I could swiftly replace them with my most comfortable and camouflaging sweatpants. Luckily, my thighs are not too sausage-esque and my self image is still intact. I was reminded today why, as a third grader, "jeggings" were my pants of choice. Although I am pretty sure those were of the acid washed variety . . . 

What do you think of the "jegging" trend/craze?

If you are already sporting them, what is you favorite way to wear them for spring?

Sweater and Blouse, JCrew
Jeggings, Joe's via Anthropologie
Boots, Corso Como
Aviators, Kate Spade via Nordstroms

1 comment:

Find your Farmers Market