Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Your Average Hair Band!

Hello friends!

I was thinking about the new trend in hair bands - you know the ribbon looking ones that are something like $12 for 4 of them.

Well once again I thought, "Oh I can totally make that!" (and for a lot less money!) I headed to Nancy's, because they have a large supply of beautiful, elastic ribbon. You can totally make these! All you need is the ribbon and about five minutes! Then you can proudly wear you hair band on your wrist!

1) Cut ribbon into 6 inch strips. You will want to use more ribbon is you have thicker hair.
2) Hold ribbon so that the ends are touching, make sure your ribbon is not twisted at all.

3)Make a loose knot and make sure your knot is within about 1/4 inch of the end of ribbon.
 

4) Tighten the knot. You will want to pull as hard as you can without ripping the ribbon.

There you have it! 
You will want to add a bit of Fray Check to the end of the ribbon if you think it will start to unravel. Also, I learn that the thinner ribbon works better. I couldn't get the thicker ribbon to tie at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market