Tuesday, March 2, 2010

red, grey, and blue

Hello Friends!

I hope that everyone survived their Mondays! I was literally counting the minutes until I would be home, in my pajamas, eating pasta and drinking wine! I had a totally different outfit planned for today, something more professional and involving heels. However, I somehow injured my foot while walking with Janet and Lori yesterday. So today, Keds were in order. 

Furthermore, I want you all to know, I love red. I do not really like pink. I mean I do not really like to wear pink. I realize I wear quite a lot of red, grey, and blue. I think when I tried to limit by black loving self, I ended up in another color rut. Time for another color revolution, maybe? But for today, I chose my clothes in a hurry and these pieces are favorites of mine, a sweater covered in buttons and ribbons (two of my favorite things), jeans, my lovely red coat, and a tuxedo blouse from high school (10 years ago!).  For my second week of "Hair Wear, " I attempted to pin it all over to one side. I curled it and bobby pinned it over. It was pretty easy (about 10 min total), looked great from the front, sloppy from the back, and lasted all day. I think I'll try it again soon.

And finally, I want to let you all know that I will be starting my posts about people who are using fashion to better our little planet tomorrow. I know of a wonderful little company started by adorable surfers (they will kill me for calling them adorable!) that is helping displaced women in Uganda . . . more on that tomorrow! But they are awesome! Come back and learn about these amazing guys!

 

Our little puppy, Buffett, would not get out of the shot!

  
 
Sweater: Embellished by me
Blouse: Gap
Jeans: Joes, Nordstroms
Shoes: Keds, Thrifted but new
Coat: JCrew.com 
Earrings and Bracelet: Tiffany's, gift


See you all tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find your Farmers Market