Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Woman's Touch in a Man's World

Hello Friends!

I hope everyone had a bearable Monday! I've really been wanting to wear menswear lately, and I have been playing around with some different looks. It is hard for me to wear the outfits I dream up to work, because I spend most of my time with children under five. Short skirts, heels, and delicate fabrics do not mix with small children. Today I bit the bullet and wore heels for my longest day of the week. 'Happy to say it worked out well!

I actually thrifted most of these pieces. Well I guess three of the five. The pants are from the 80's. I love them not only for their elastic waist, but they are so roomy. The top is actually from the mens dept at Goodwill, and the shoes were are total score for $3.99! I threw on a sparkly belt to add some sass and bring all the pieces together.

How are you wearing the menswear look?

Oh! And be sure to check back tomorrow for another amazing group of people who are making a difference through fashion! 

 
Sweater: Banana Republic
Shirt: Thrifted
Pants: Vintage, Thirfted
Belt: Nordstrom Rack ($4.99)
Shoes: Paolo ($3.99)

PS Sorry for the lame indoor pictures, but the "wintry mix" (in March!!) kept me from going out.




1 comment:

  1. I am in love with your belt.

    love, fiftyseven
    p577.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market